"I encourage Catholics to pray fervently for the dead, for their family members and for all our brothers and sisters who have died, that they may obtain the remission of the punishments due to their sins and may hear the Lord's call: 'Come, O my dear soul, to eternal repose in the arms of my goodness, which has prepared eternal delights for you"'.
~ Pope John Paul II

January 10, 2010

A single step

It is said that a journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. I repeat this here to remind myself that while the task ahead is daunting, and while the road to my destination is unsure, I must have faith that the Holy Spirit will lovingly provide the direction while I commit to gingerly follow behind Him -- one step at a time.

My first step is this: to dedicate this blog to the members of the Church Suffering and to their speedy rest in the arms of Christ our Lord.

My goals in undertaking the management of this blog are the following:
  • To develop a relationship with our forgotten brothers and encourage other Catholics to do the same.

  • To learn from the Church the conditions of Purgatory and to pass on that knowledge.

  • To begin a campaign for the indulgence of the poor souls, that they may not languish much longer.

  • To preserve my soul from the purgative fire through suffering, penance, and charity with the help of my brothers on Earth and in Heaven.

A prayer:
My holy Angel Guardian, ask the Lord to bless the journey which I undertake, that it may profit the health of my soul and body; that I may reach its end, and that, returning safe and sound, I may find my family in good health. Do thou guard, guide and preserve us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment